What is Kaltura?
Kaltura is an online multi-media tool that allows users to create, edit, stream, manage, access, and collaborate on multi-media projects. The tool can be used to easily capture audio and video, as well as deliver related documents or files. Faculty can easily integrate interactive quizzes into their videos and the system automatically provides captioning. The tools can be accessed two ways, though options may vary depending on the access point:
- Use Kaltura MediaSpace Integration with courses in D2L/CourseDen - to share with students only (by default)
- Use Kaltura MediaSpace via a public facing website - currently read-only access has been granted
*All documentation lists instructions on how to use these tools within CourseDen. You can use any of the links provided below for more information.
Let's Get Started
For internal documentation on Kaltura MediaSpace tools and services, please use the links below:
- Quick Start Guide: general information to get you started
- Policies & Procedures: for using Kaltura services
- MediaSpace: launch your own video portal for public and private content
- Personal Capture: presentation capture made easy for faculty
- Captioning Services: unlimited machine captioning
- Kaltura vs Youtube: how do they compare?
- FAQ: common questions regarding Kaltura MediaSpace
What can I do with it?
|Kaltura MediaSpace||Kaltura's Personal Capture Tool|
Suggested Technical Specifications
UWG provides a Kaltura MediaSpace account for all UWG faculty, staff, and students. However, faculty and staff who have instructor access in D2L/CoursDen can use all of Kaltura MediaSpace's functionality, but instructors can only currently publish privately to their students in CourseDen. In contrast, UWG's public Kaltura MediaSpace website currently only hosts public media posted by UWG Online or UWG University Communications & Marketing. In the future, functionality on UWG's public Kaltura MediaSpace website may be expanded.
If you still need support or assistance:
- Please check Kaltura University first for help documentation.
- Troubleshooting documentation may be able to assist you in solving potential issues.
- If you are unable to locate a solution to your problem, contact the UWG Online Help
Desk at email@example.com or 678-839-6248
Other Kaltura MediaSpace Resources
Kaltura University: an online resevoir of tutorials and documentation for Kaltura products
Media Gallery: wide range of kaltura video tutorials
Instructional Guidelines: for additional instructional video guidelines.